Thursday 21 July 2011

The Make Lounge papercutting workshop (Tuesday 19th July)

Here are some photos from Tuesday's workshop.  Another really great group.  Most people tried their own original papercuts - with some really good results too!  Hope they're all proud of themselves.

Sophie and Sofia cut beautiful versions of my templates - not easy choices but they cut them really well.
Rebecca (bottom right), after much trial and tribulation with the drawing bit, created a beautiful picture of her new cottage.  I think it's perfect.
Jenni (bottom left) is making a gorgeous picture of three owls on a branch.  I hope she sends me a picture of the finished piece - it's going to be amazing.


Clare (top left) created a multi-layered piece using one of my templates and some of her own images.
Ashley (top right and bottom left) created two personalised pieces to give as wedding gifts.  Really beautiful.


Michelle (top row) started by cutting one of my templates and then very swiftly moved on to creating a gorgeous piece as a present for her friends.  A natural papercutter!
Lucy (middle left) was inspired to come to the class by the promotional image on The Make Lounge website. So she cut her own version.  I love the colour scheme she's chosen.
Hannah (middle right) cut one of my templates in gorgeous shades of pink.  It looks so different to my usual black version, but I love it.
Mims (bottom row) cut a delicate butterfly.  She did a really great job and surprised herself with her result!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited, I'm coming to your class on Saturday at The Make Lounge! All the pieces above look fantastic. I've been doodling a few ideas all week and cant wait to see if they work!
    See you on Saturday!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - that's great Becky! Looking forward to seeing your ideas. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog and creations. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzy,

    I've got loads of ideas for papercutting, but I was just wondering, how do you print the designs onto origami paper? Thank you- will keep you posted with what I do!

    ReplyDelete